Malibu Beach Houses For Rent | Biography of A. Harrison Barnes
Biography of A. Harrison Barnes
Andrew Harrison Barnes is the founder and CEO of EmploymentScape, the parent company of more than 90 job-search websites, employment services, and student loan companies. EmploymentScape (originally Juriscape) employs several hundred employees in 14 offices throughout the United States, Asia, and Europe.
Harrison began his career as a litigation attorney after attending the University of Chicago, where he received his bachelor's in political studies, and graduating from the University of Virginia Law School. Harrison represented a broad range of clients, including the US government and several South American governments, in countless cases involving a variety of issues, including trademark infringement, personal injury, breach of contract, intellectual property, Internet law, and tax and employment matters.
After three years of practice, Harrison founded Juriscape, under which he developed a collection of industry-specific job-search websites that revolutionized the way job seekers access employment postings from around the world. Harrison and his companies began serving the legal industry with BCG Attorney Search and LawCrossing.com. Following on the success of those endeavors, the company soon broadened its range to include the 90+ EmploymentCrossing websites, each specific to a particular industry or field. Juriscape changed its name to EmploymentScape in 2007 to reflect the company's broadening focus.
In addition to the Crossing websites, EmploymentScape employs top job recruiters nationwide and offers resume development and distribution services through EmploymentAuthority and LegalAuthority.
Harrison's latest venture is Hound.com. Using technology that took two years to develop, Hound is able to pull job listings from company sites throughout the world, giving its members the best opportunities to find and apply to jobs before they are advertised to the full market.
Harrison resides in Malibu, California. He is a sought-after motivational speaker and writes articles relating to the legal community. An Area Chair for the University of Chicago Admissions Office, Harrison also publishes an annual book on the top 50 law schools in the country.
+ Speaking, Coaching and Workshop Fees
Blog Articles Contributed
- Anthony Robbins, Work, Jobs, Careers, and Missions
- Bad Dancing, Submitting, and Surrendering
- The Art of Managing People
- Feral Children, Puzzles, Jews, and Filters
- Find the Best Target Audience for Your Skills
- Man Perms, Famous Authors and the Importance of Being Heard
- Specialize, Be Seen and Associate with Greatness
- Groups and Their Norms Determine the Outcome of Our Lives
- How to Choose a Recruiter Based on Recruiting Style
- The Magic Story
01. A Guide to a Successful Career as a Paralegal or Legal Staff Member
02. Attorney Resume Secrets Revealed
03. Perfect Legal Job Search Book
04. California Corporate Counsel
05. Attorney Job Search Secrets Revealed
06. The 2007 BCG Attorney Search Guide
07. BCG Reference Guide To Practice Areas
08. New York Corporate Counsel
09. The 2007 Judged Salary Survey
10. LawCrossing's Guide To Alternative Careers
11. LawCrossing's Career Advice Revealed Part I
12. LawCrossing's Career Advice Revealed Part II
13. LawCrossing's Spotlight on Academic Attorneys
14. LawCrossing's Spotlight on Minority Attorneys
15. The LawCrossing Difference